- Close the blinds on windows where the sun is shining through during the day to keep the house, condo or apartment cooler.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat and use it to raise the temperature when not home.
- Grill outside instead of using the oven or stove.
- Check the web for good deals on bundled TV, Internet and cell phone prices. A bundled package can be cheaper than individually priced services and many providers will try to outbid the other ones.
- Shop local farmer’s markets for produce. It’s better than the store bought variety.
- Scan local papers for free events in town such as public swimming pools, movie nights and block parties. Take advantage of them.
- Forbes Living TV encourages readers to explore free movies with On Demand, or ditch cable altogether and join a video streaming service. There are many good streaming services available now.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
How to Save Money at Home from Forbes Living
Summer is on the way and with it come higher electric bills as we try to cool our homes. It is also a nice time to spend outdoors and enjoy the better weather. Forbes Living shares some of the ways to save money at home.